Monday 30 March 2015

Irons in the Fire

#AmWriting for a lot of cool new projects, spotted on twitter and around the internet.

Follow @AuthorCrowd for their modern way to get your writing seen.  You simply submit the next chapter of one of the books they have going.  They pick the best, and then when the book is published, if it makes any money, the take gets split between the writers.

They occasionally do short story compilations, but these are super popular so only send your best stuff.  They want 3000-6000 generally, so had to push myself to reach that with a story, as generally mine sit at 1-2k words.

I even had a go at a poetry competition, where the theme was 'Home' which inspired me to write about my kids.

I've been listed as a Choose Your Own Adventure writer for Lockjaw Magazine, @lockjawmag for info; absolutely LOVED those books as a child - still do!
They are creating a crowd written CYOA; which is a new genre for me as it seems very science-fiction-y so far.  My piece will be added to the continuing adventure on April 15th - keep your eye out!




No comments:

Post a Comment